Skip to main content

Cornflake Cherry Cookies

Yes I'm in cookie mode!

Made pineapple tarts on Tuesday and cornflake cookies yesterday!

I enlisted the help of my darling baby boy since he wasn't sleepy yet. Junior was glad to help!


Junior trying his best to drop the dough, most of the time failing haha. But I let him continue still and rearranged them later.

I love my mum's cornflake cookie recipe so I tried to get it from her. Sadly the recipe isn't complete as there's no measurement for flour. In her words, as long as can drop off the spoon can oredi. Like how vague is that!! T_T

So I searched for other recipes trying to see if I can sorta estimate, and yesterday I used only 3 cups flour. Less flour is better than too much flour, but the cookies were quite sweet. Maybe 4 cups could be okay too?

Anyway. Here's the recipe!

Cornflake Cherry Cookies

250g salted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
3 cups flour
1 small box of Kellogg's cornflakes, 275g
diced cherries
diced almonds

  1. Cream butter and sugar together, then adding in the eggs and mix well.
  2. Add the flour until the right consistency and taste, hence that's why I stopped at 3 cups. Didn't dare try 4.
  3. Add in cherries, almonds and cornflakes. Crush the cornflakes as you mix, something Junior loves to do haha!
  4. Spoon batter using a teaspoon, drop them onto the pan with 1 inch apart from each other.
  5. Depending how you want the cookies to be (all crunchy or slightly chewy centre), bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 14 - 18 minutes.



So colourful! I wanted only red cherries but Junior insisted to pour in the green ones too, hence we have colourful cookies!


All done in 2 and a half hours :) Started at 9pm and ended at 11.30 and I wasn't tired. I guess you won't be tired doing something you love. Yay! So cookies for my home is settled! Made 2 types, ordered 2 types. Am planning to do one more batch of pineapple tarts to give my parents and in-laws. And maybe another one for the house judging by how fast stock is depleting -_-"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bubur Asyura

Finally made this! Have been wanting to do so cos this porridge has loads of nuts. Not exactly a healthy porridge though since there's coconut milk. I already have most of the ingredients and had the time, so why not! I realise there's different types of bubur Asyura but I settled for the one closest to us, the Johor version . There's a lottt of ingredients, so I'll list in order of which goes into the pot first. I also boiled the mutton a day earlier so I can collect and throw away the fat from the stock. Bubur Asyura Saute: 1 stalk lemongrass 1 cinnamon stick 1 star anise 3 cardamoms 5 cloves 2 big onions, sliced 1 inch ginger, sliced 3 garlic, sliced 10 cups water (half is mutton stock, half water) 1 cup rice, washed 300g mutton, already cooked and shredded 1 tbsp soto powder 1/3 cup dhal, soaked in water for 10 min 1/3 cup peanuts, washed 1 1/2 carrots, diced 1 can chickpeas, washed 1 can kacang pool, washed 1/2 can sweet corn, washed 1 small box coconut milk Heat o...

Daiso Ramekins

Finally finally went to Daiso!! Wanted to go there for ages already! The first thing I came in, went to the cooking section. Found my ramekins! But they're not white. Oh wells. Can't be choosy for $2 ramekins! There were white ones, but super small white ramekins. And pie tarts too! Oooh so tempting! But I don't know when I'll make tarts hurhur. Actually I'm still thinking what I should bake using these ramekins. I remember having one of those "I wish I had ramekins right now" moments but I can't remember when. Maybe when I was making lava cake . Daiso is evil. It's so cheap you just feel like coming back again! Oh and did I mention there's a $2 weighing scale?! Measures up to a kilo but that's quite alright for baking isn't it! I mean, $2!! Dirt cheap lah. Not sure about the accuracy though. Didn't do much cleaning last weekend, very much spent lazing around at home just like what weekends should be like. I love being at ho...

Spicy Tuna Sushi Bake & Teriyaki Chicken Sushi Bake

I failed the first time I made sushi bake, so I was kinda apprehensive about this. Added surimi or imitation crab meat since the kids may not want a fully tuna sushi bake, plus it gives a smoother texture.  The recipe uses full tuna and avocado, so I used this recipe lightly to tweak to my own. Tuna Sushi Bake 1 1/2 cups sushi rice Sushi vinegar as per the bottle's instructions 3 chunky tuna cans (Ayam brand) 1 packet of imitation crab meat, boiled and shredded 5 tbsp Japanese mayo 1 tbsp sriracha sauce 3 tbsp mentaiko mayo Teriyaki Chicken Sushi Bake 1 1/2 cups sushi rice Sushi vinegar as per the bottle's instructions 500g chicken boneless thigh, cut into small pieces 1 inch ginger, pound Teriyaki sauce for marinate and for frying Season the top with furikake, sliced seaweed, Japanese mayo and mentaiko mayo. These are a must. Broil or grill for about 8 minutes. These turn out yummy! All the Japanese ingredients were bought on Shopee, from a Malaysian provider.