Skip to main content

Cookies with My Cookie

Back from the long weekend and dreading it.

Haha.

I've never believed in the concept of going for a break and coming back refreshed. Going for a break, yes, but who would want to come back from a break!

Anyway.

Lots happened! Like Junior's cookie session, and my 7th month check up (yes time flies!), another round of abdominal pains that got me so worried and got me thinking of death too later that night.

But happy things first. Cookies! Wanted to make no chill sugar cookies but it didn't turn out well. I followed the recipe yet the batter was too soft so I added more flour and sugar (but more flour than sugar and the ratio got weird), and while it was good to make shapes for Junior, the taste was horribly bitter.

So I threw them out. Good that I only used half a pack of butter, and saved the other half for chocolate chip cookies. Next time I shall just use my pineapple tart cookie recipe lah.


Junior couldn't wait to press the cookie dough!


Yes it was a messy day hahaha


He gave the gingerbread man eyes, mouth and even a poke in the tummy. When I asked him what that was, he pointed to his own belly button haha. So cute lah this boy.


The baked cookies! Sadly have to throw. Maybe I should have reduced the vanilla powder too.

So after he was done with those, I baked chocolate chip cookies with this recipe. I should have made these smaller, they spread and turned out humongous!

Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies

114g butter
200g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
110g sugar
90g brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
Lots of chocolate chips

Cream the butter with sugars. Add the egg, mix well and then add in the flour and other dry ingredients. Scoop at max 1 tsp balls. Smaller also can. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius, for about 10-12 minutes.

See there, 1 tall jar and 2 small ones? Now there's only 1 tall and 2 cookies left haha. Yes I'm a cookie monster hehe.

Made chicken curry with the Husband yesterday, and it turned out yummy! Better than my mum's I dare say. Hurhur. Will be anticipating visits after I give birth (new baby + Raya), so I need to master quick dishes in case people come. Have already passed laksa goreng so will be stocking up on prawns and laksa noodles. Lontong goreng next!

We went for our check up on Monday. Was already anticipating a big baby, but she's much bigger than I expect! At 29 weeks, she's an estimated 2.1kg, 1 kg more than normal! I still have 11 more weeks to go and I hope I don't have to be induced earlier. Other than that baby is fine and kicking really well. We have not really bought much stuff for baby, it's much more relaxed with the 2nd one. Not intending to buy rompers etc like I did with Junior, but will be buying those pasar baju which are easier to use and cheaper hehe. Need to start preparing the rooms for 2nd baby, buying new wardrobe (Junior's current Ikea drawer gave way) to share between the two, and to throw out some of Junior's toys that are taking up too much space. I'm not going to get any formula milk for this baby, I intend to breastfeed fully from birth and I do hope I get the support I need from family. Or maybe I should just use my headphones and block out all the noise.

Now that the due date is coming really soon, I do feel kinda scared. It's like, okay here we go again! Haha. The first time was also scary but we didn't know what we got ourselves into. First time is always less scary I feel. Next check up is in 4 weeks' time and I'm supposed to keep my weight in check but this 3rd trimester's got me hungry and looking for snacks all the time. So it's back to buying apples again to curb my snacking. Not sure how I'm gonna curb chocolates though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daiso Ramekins

Finally finally went to Daiso!! Wanted to go there for ages already! The first thing I came in, went to the cooking section. Found my ramekins! But they're not white. Oh wells. Can't be choosy for $2 ramekins! There were white ones, but super small white ramekins. And pie tarts too! Oooh so tempting! But I don't know when I'll make tarts hurhur. Actually I'm still thinking what I should bake using these ramekins. I remember having one of those "I wish I had ramekins right now" moments but I can't remember when. Maybe when I was making lava cake . Daiso is evil. It's so cheap you just feel like coming back again! Oh and did I mention there's a $2 weighing scale?! Measures up to a kilo but that's quite alright for baking isn't it! I mean, $2!! Dirt cheap lah. Not sure about the accuracy though. Didn't do much cleaning last weekend, very much spent lazing around at home just like what weekends should be like. I love being at ho

Apam Balik

I love apam balik. The soft one, with lots of corn. So when @khairulaming posted this on his instagram, I bookmarked it. The recipe is not too much until you get sick of eating apam balik, but I do feel it needs some tweaks to get the pancake king version. But not bad for a first try. 2 cups flour 1/2 cup sugar 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda 2 tbsp melted butter 1 1/4 cups water 1 egg Additional butter for the pan I do feel it needs some salt, more sugar and I shouldn't have liberally made it so thick HAHA. The pan is important too, I kinda burnt some parts of the pancake. Got them bubbles!! This recipe made 2 large pancakes. Also, the filling needs to be sprinkled with sugar liberally (read: 3 tbsp or so), my first try wasn't enough. Pancake was soft even for the next few days after that (kept in the fridge then reheated in the microwave). Husband found it to be acceptable, but I was kinda not okay with it but ohwells. I can tweak it

Rice Cooker Chicken Mushroom Claypot

All in one pot cooking, what's not to love!  Got this off tiktok, but I figured the chicken and mushroom in the recipe isn't enough. Wasn't really one pot cooking cos I cooked half of the chicken on a pan then added it later after the rice cooker was done. Rice Cooker Claypot Chicken marinade: 600g boneless thigh, cut into cubes 6 garlic, pound 2 inch ginger, pound 6 tbsp soy sauce 2 tbsp oyster sauce 4 tbsp sweet soy sauce Rice: Half of the chicken marinade above 2 1/2 cups rice 2 1/2 cups water 3 tbsp sesame oil 2 tbsp soy sauce 1 1/2 chicken cube (maybe 2 also can) 300g shitake mushrooms Coriander leaves, cut Spring onions, cut Marinate the chicken and leave it for about 30 min. Wash the rice. Add half the chicken marinade and all other ingredients into the rice cooker and mix well Cook using rice cooker. I cooked the remaining chicken over the stove and added the chicken, juices and all, into the rice cooker when it was just about done and needed a few minutes to set. M