Skip to main content

Blueberry Pancakes

Friday night my brother stayed over at our house so on Saturday morning I made blueberry pancakes! If Husband were around I'm not sure if he'll eat these pancakes, maybe one day I should try.

I got this recipe from bbcgoodfood and you can always trust BBC to get wonderful recipes for you. I find that British and Australians have yummy desserts and it's always a safe bet when you get recipes from BBC, or Women's Weekly, or some other bakers from those countries. Even their supermarkets sell wonderful cakes and cookies at such low prices, just goes to show that quality is priority and these people know how to eat their cakes.

Here's the recipe!

200g self-raising flour (I used 200g normal flour + 1 tsp baking powder)
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg (I used 2 eggs)
300ml milk
knob butter
150g pack blueberries (I used my canned blueberries)
sunflower oil or a little butter for cooking
golden or maple syrup (I bought golden syrup)
  1. Mix together the flour & baking powder in a large bowl.
  2. Beat the egg with the milk, make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in the milk to make a thick smooth batter.
  3. Beat in the melted butter, and gently stir in the blueberries. I didn't bother with keeping half the blueberries for toppings.
  4. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Drop a large tablespoonful of the batter per pancake into the pan to make pancakes about 7.5cm across. Make three or four pancakes at a time. Cook for about 3 minutes over a medium heat until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then turn and cook another 2-3 minutes until golden.
  5. Serve with golden syrup.
I didn't get maple syrup at Giant because that entire place doesn't have one, it doesn't have buttermilk even (can you believe that?!). But since I'm supporting all foods British, so golden syrup it is. Made in UK summore.

I was surprised that the recipe didn't use any sugar. I reread the recipe to check if it missed something, but ya no sugar. But doesn't matter anyway since we're gonna pour golden syrup on them and the blueberries will add sweetness too.


I didn't take photos of them fresh, so this is the balance of what I have after my brother and I have devoured.


Blueberry pancakes with yummy juicy blueberries! Thank goodness I used canned blueberries so they are confirm sweet. And that's golden syrup at the background. Not as good as maple syrup but this will do!

 
The blueberry pancakes for 2nd round of breakfast. Stuffed! Gonna make this again soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bubur Asyura

Finally made this! Have been wanting to do so cos this porridge has loads of nuts. Not exactly a healthy porridge though since there's coconut milk. I already have most of the ingredients and had the time, so why not! I realise there's different types of bubur Asyura but I settled for the one closest to us, the Johor version . There's a lottt of ingredients, so I'll list in order of which goes into the pot first. I also boiled the mutton a day earlier so I can collect and throw away the fat from the stock. Bubur Asyura Saute: 1 stalk lemongrass 1 cinnamon stick 1 star anise 3 cardamoms 5 cloves 2 big onions, sliced 1 inch ginger, sliced 3 garlic, sliced 10 cups water (half is mutton stock, half water) 1 cup rice, washed 300g mutton, already cooked and shredded 1 tbsp soto powder 1/3 cup dhal, soaked in water for 10 min 1/3 cup peanuts, washed 1 1/2 carrots, diced 1 can chickpeas, washed 1 can kacang pool, washed 1/2 can sweet corn, washed 1 small box coconut milk Heat o...

Daiso Ramekins

Finally finally went to Daiso!! Wanted to go there for ages already! The first thing I came in, went to the cooking section. Found my ramekins! But they're not white. Oh wells. Can't be choosy for $2 ramekins! There were white ones, but super small white ramekins. And pie tarts too! Oooh so tempting! But I don't know when I'll make tarts hurhur. Actually I'm still thinking what I should bake using these ramekins. I remember having one of those "I wish I had ramekins right now" moments but I can't remember when. Maybe when I was making lava cake . Daiso is evil. It's so cheap you just feel like coming back again! Oh and did I mention there's a $2 weighing scale?! Measures up to a kilo but that's quite alright for baking isn't it! I mean, $2!! Dirt cheap lah. Not sure about the accuracy though. Didn't do much cleaning last weekend, very much spent lazing around at home just like what weekends should be like. I love being at ho...

Spicy Tuna Sushi Bake & Teriyaki Chicken Sushi Bake

I failed the first time I made sushi bake, so I was kinda apprehensive about this. Added surimi or imitation crab meat since the kids may not want a fully tuna sushi bake, plus it gives a smoother texture.  The recipe uses full tuna and avocado, so I used this recipe lightly to tweak to my own. Tuna Sushi Bake 1 1/2 cups sushi rice Sushi vinegar as per the bottle's instructions 3 chunky tuna cans (Ayam brand) 1 packet of imitation crab meat, boiled and shredded 5 tbsp Japanese mayo 1 tbsp sriracha sauce 3 tbsp mentaiko mayo Teriyaki Chicken Sushi Bake 1 1/2 cups sushi rice Sushi vinegar as per the bottle's instructions 500g chicken boneless thigh, cut into small pieces 1 inch ginger, pound Teriyaki sauce for marinate and for frying Season the top with furikake, sliced seaweed, Japanese mayo and mentaiko mayo. These are a must. Broil or grill for about 8 minutes. These turn out yummy! All the Japanese ingredients were bought on Shopee, from a Malaysian provider.