Skip to main content

On MC

Hello!! I'm on Medical Leave :D

Husband's at work, and Junior's at my mum's house. I'm free to do just about everything! Heh.

Morning I sent off Junior, and stuck around for a bit before going to my all time fave Chong Pang to get some stuff and most importantly, threading. I've been putting it off for the longest time! With that done, and toiletries bought, I spent $50. How did I spend that much on so few items!

And I've yet to buy rice, kicap and eggs!

Anyway. So I went home, fried my french beans to go with my daging masak kicap for lunch, and then washed and hung clothes to dry, and then baked a chocolate cake (recipe later), and vacuumed the house and now I'm taking a break before I start ironing. Did all that when I'm supposed to be resting and slacking around haha. Husband's gonna scold me for not resting hehe! Daging masak kicap was done yesterday, I prepared everything and cooked the meat and off to zzzland I went, while Husband monitored the meat. It needed to cook for one and a half hours, might as well I rest.

Today is the last day of my week long leave. Actually it was yesterday, but I added another day because of MC. Junior got sick after we came back from KL, and I got sick two days after that.

KL was superb for the tummy! I'm a KL suaku. I don't make weekend trips there. And I don't bother reading up on the city either. Give me any European city anytime, and I can find loads of stuff to do. But not KL. Hahahha. We didn't go that many places either. KLCC, Pavilion and that's about it. We did visit the Islamic Arts Museum to do shopping. HAHA. Yup! We went to the museum not to see the artifacts, but spent over an hour picking our these wooden motif pieces to bring home! And thankfully for us, new stock arrived just in time! We went back with six pieces, a hefty price paid, but the pieces are just awesome :) We'll be collecting them from the frame shop tomorrow, let's see how well they turn out!

We also went to Masjid Wilayah cos Husband wanted to visit it. It is AWESOME!! It's as huge as the Blue Mosque in Turkey, and made to look like it too. The best part? Fully air-conditioned baybeh!!! I could stay in that mosque the whole day :D It's too bad I couldn't follow the jemaah prayers for Zuhur cos I had to babysit Junior. So I went out heading to the car while waiting for Husband. ANDDDDDD I couldn't find my Birks! My new Birks!!! Like OMG I was sooooo gonna curse the person who stole my Birks! I looked around and my sandals were the newest and the most striking. OMG how can people STEAL shoes!!!

So I hung around while waiting for Husband, looking everywhere for my Birks but nowhere to be found. I stuck around guarding Husband's Birks just in case his gets stolen too, then we'd both be shoeless. And then! One of the female security guards came back with what looks like a packet lunch, and MY BIRKS!!! Omg she totally borrowed my Birks and just went off and came back and didn't even put it in the place she found it! She must have assumed that the owner would be praying inside and it wouldn't hurt to use them for a while. Sooooo relieved to get my Birks back. Good thing I stuck around. If not, the Birks will be up for free.

KL is for food and nothing else. We had mega burgers for lunch, steaks for another lunch, it was just eat eat and eat. The hotel had a weighing scale and Shez told me she knows someone who put on 3kg after a KL feasting trip, so I decided to weigh myself too. I put on 1 and a half kilos. Hahahaha.

Oh and I bought a bag for work like finally!!! From Sembonia (not that I adore the brand but the bag is pretty!) and it's SGD100, bought at Pavilion I think. It's cool! Weaved, camel brown leather and it's those chuck-everything-bags. Love it!

Travelling with a baby is so different. Especially a fussy one. You can't walk around shopping malls the whole day cos he's tired from being in my sling or in Husband's baby carrier, and this baby can't keep still in a pram. You can't have long meals and enjoy the ambience cos once the food comes, Junior starts being fussy and wants attention. You have to plan properly where to go, where to stop for feeding sessions and diaper changing, and carry a diaper bag all the time. But I'm sure we'll get used to it soon. This is after all the first baby holiday :)

Okay pictures later! I just realised that most of the KL photos are in CR2 format which I have no idea how to convert, some RAW Canon photo thingy. Help :( Oh and recipe for chocolate cake later too.

I think I shall do some ironing before heading to my mum's house to see my chubbycheeks soon :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daiso Ramekins

Finally finally went to Daiso!! Wanted to go there for ages already! The first thing I came in, went to the cooking section. Found my ramekins! But they're not white. Oh wells. Can't be choosy for $2 ramekins! There were white ones, but super small white ramekins. And pie tarts too! Oooh so tempting! But I don't know when I'll make tarts hurhur. Actually I'm still thinking what I should bake using these ramekins. I remember having one of those "I wish I had ramekins right now" moments but I can't remember when. Maybe when I was making lava cake . Daiso is evil. It's so cheap you just feel like coming back again! Oh and did I mention there's a $2 weighing scale?! Measures up to a kilo but that's quite alright for baking isn't it! I mean, $2!! Dirt cheap lah. Not sure about the accuracy though. Didn't do much cleaning last weekend, very much spent lazing around at home just like what weekends should be like. I love being at ho

Apam Balik

I love apam balik. The soft one, with lots of corn. So when @khairulaming posted this on his instagram, I bookmarked it. The recipe is not too much until you get sick of eating apam balik, but I do feel it needs some tweaks to get the pancake king version. But not bad for a first try. 2 cups flour 1/2 cup sugar 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda 2 tbsp melted butter 1 1/4 cups water 1 egg Additional butter for the pan I do feel it needs some salt, more sugar and I shouldn't have liberally made it so thick HAHA. The pan is important too, I kinda burnt some parts of the pancake. Got them bubbles!! This recipe made 2 large pancakes. Also, the filling needs to be sprinkled with sugar liberally (read: 3 tbsp or so), my first try wasn't enough. Pancake was soft even for the next few days after that (kept in the fridge then reheated in the microwave). Husband found it to be acceptable, but I was kinda not okay with it but ohwells. I can tweak it

Rice Cooker Chicken Mushroom Claypot

All in one pot cooking, what's not to love!  Got this off tiktok, but I figured the chicken and mushroom in the recipe isn't enough. Wasn't really one pot cooking cos I cooked half of the chicken on a pan then added it later after the rice cooker was done. Rice Cooker Claypot Chicken marinade: 600g boneless thigh, cut into cubes 6 garlic, pound 2 inch ginger, pound 6 tbsp soy sauce 2 tbsp oyster sauce 4 tbsp sweet soy sauce Rice: Half of the chicken marinade above 2 1/2 cups rice 2 1/2 cups water 3 tbsp sesame oil 2 tbsp soy sauce 1 1/2 chicken cube (maybe 2 also can) 300g shitake mushrooms Coriander leaves, cut Spring onions, cut Marinate the chicken and leave it for about 30 min. Wash the rice. Add half the chicken marinade and all other ingredients into the rice cooker and mix well Cook using rice cooker. I cooked the remaining chicken over the stove and added the chicken, juices and all, into the rice cooker when it was just about done and needed a few minutes to set. M