Skip to main content

This Is Home Truly

Have been living in our own home for 6 days in a row! And I love it :) Never mind there's no internet yet at our house (the iPhone tethering is quite sufficient for now) nor do we have cable TV, I have loads to do! Haha. Actually we only got to use the TV yesterday after my dad gave us a better connection cable. Haha! Other Half was so bored not having anything to watch for the past few days. TV addict!


I on the other hand am still getting used to the washing and (minimal hurhur) cleaning (have not done mopping), and some sort of cooking which can't be called cooking yet, and best of all! New bedtime! Sleeping early and waking up early is a good routine.

Yesterday morning I went to Chong Pang market without my mum. Huhu. But in the end I still needed to call her to ask something. Not very independent yet. The butcher recognised me though! Even though I haven't followed my mum to the market for years hehehehe. He thought I was buying meat for my mum.

Tried baking using my beloved oven already, baked brownies on Friday morning, and pineapple tarts yesterday! And also used my new tart mould! Weee!! Quite hard to find varieties of these plastic moulds. Not much left. The uncle at the market says they don't really bring in much anymore cos no one bakes. Am very happy with my pineapple tarts! Baked it for my number one fan of my pineapple tarts :) My dad loved it too so yay!

Next thing to do is to get accustomed to cooking dinner. If I were to cook before going to work, I'm not sure if I have time. If I were to cook after work, I bet Other Half's stomach will be growling like mad. But as a start, today I shall try cooking after work. After all I need to get some ingredients later. Once I get used to it, I think I shall cook before going to work just in case we get home late.

Worst part of living in our home is there's NO season parking left for our car. Our carpark is so popular, it's sold out! I went down to HDB to purchase and they said it's first come first served basis. How can residents not have advantage!! Urgh. They allocated for us a lot at the multi-storey carpark which previously I didn't know existed, and it's across the mini park. Okay lah, forces us to have a short walk before going to work. HAHA. Luckily there's still vacancies for March's season parking, grabbed it immediately!

But it doesn't matter. Bottom line is we love our space, our sparse yet sufficient place we call home ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bubur Asyura

Finally made this! Have been wanting to do so cos this porridge has loads of nuts. Not exactly a healthy porridge though since there's coconut milk. I already have most of the ingredients and had the time, so why not! I realise there's different types of bubur Asyura but I settled for the one closest to us, the Johor version . There's a lottt of ingredients, so I'll list in order of which goes into the pot first. I also boiled the mutton a day earlier so I can collect and throw away the fat from the stock. Bubur Asyura Saute: 1 stalk lemongrass 1 cinnamon stick 1 star anise 3 cardamoms 5 cloves 2 big onions, sliced 1 inch ginger, sliced 3 garlic, sliced 10 cups water (half is mutton stock, half water) 1 cup rice, washed 300g mutton, already cooked and shredded 1 tbsp soto powder 1/3 cup dhal, soaked in water for 10 min 1/3 cup peanuts, washed 1 1/2 carrots, diced 1 can chickpeas, washed 1 can kacang pool, washed 1/2 can sweet corn, washed 1 small box coconut milk Heat o...

Daiso Ramekins

Finally finally went to Daiso!! Wanted to go there for ages already! The first thing I came in, went to the cooking section. Found my ramekins! But they're not white. Oh wells. Can't be choosy for $2 ramekins! There were white ones, but super small white ramekins. And pie tarts too! Oooh so tempting! But I don't know when I'll make tarts hurhur. Actually I'm still thinking what I should bake using these ramekins. I remember having one of those "I wish I had ramekins right now" moments but I can't remember when. Maybe when I was making lava cake . Daiso is evil. It's so cheap you just feel like coming back again! Oh and did I mention there's a $2 weighing scale?! Measures up to a kilo but that's quite alright for baking isn't it! I mean, $2!! Dirt cheap lah. Not sure about the accuracy though. Didn't do much cleaning last weekend, very much spent lazing around at home just like what weekends should be like. I love being at ho...

Baby Mop

I can't seem to get my entire house clean every weekend, and I am seriously considering this as part of my house cleaning regime: I don't know where to get one, but I can always make one. I saw those yellow cloth thingy at sold at CK store and I'll just fix it to Junior's unwanted rompers. And off he goes mopping the floor with me. Mopping the floor is a must now, especially with lift upgrading going on, the floor is quite dusty. And whenever I hint to Husband to help me mop, he offers to get those weekend helpers instead -_-" Not exactly the answer I was looking for!! Okay. This shall be the project in the coming week! FYI this is not child abuse, this is called getting baby accustomed to housework.