Skip to main content

My Brain Went For A Vacation

I haven't blogged for quite some time eh.

Let's see.

campINC this FridaySaturdaySunday! :) I hope I won't be too exhausted for work on Monday hehe. Aiya not that I haven't been all perky and energetic lately. Don't ask me why.

But that's what's coming.

What went on for the past few days?

Weekend was a wedding! Close relative, so we were involved busy-busy during the two day affair. I met one of my why-are-they-so-darn-cute-I-wanna-bring-them-home toddlers! Rifqi! When he was a baby, he looks like me and my sister! Now he looks different, but aiyoyoooo he's soooo chubby! Chubby cheeks, chubby arms, everything chubby! He's an obedient boy too! Playful, interesting, smart yet obedient. I like! :) I wish I could take him home. Make him mine!!! MY little boy!! *evil laughter*

Other than that, life's been pretty, hmm, monotonous? Is that it? Or do I have such a goldfish memory I can't remember what happened?

Oh! I remember Friday night! Dinner at Seoul Garden with Frens for Life (FFL). Haha! Supposed to go Mind or Settlers Cafe but we changed to bowling, and then we changed it summore to just a long dinner. Haha. If we didn't change plans, I'd be bowling at Cineleisure in my RED baju kurung. Yeah man. I've played pool in baju kurung before, but this could have been the first for bowling! I was all game for it! Haha! Next time lah har ;)

Next FFL (pardon me for making up a lame abbreviation, I'll change it to something more funky when I have the inspiration) outing shall be celebrating July babies' birthdays! Woohoo. Looking forward to that one too!

I keep hearing lagu Hari Raya! What is with my playlist! Hahaha! I heard 2 songs yesterday, playlist was on shuffle, and right now, it shuffled to Dendang Perantau. This morning in office I heard a Hari Raya song too, my colleague's playlist was also on shuffle. Hahaha. Then I thought, this year raya won't be like previous years... No long raya celebrations. No visting of many many houses, friends' houses especially. Oh wells. We'll have to wait for next year then! This year raya is, hmm, how shall I put it, an intimate affair? HAHA!

Where's my parents!! It's 6.52pm! Why are they out for so long! Harlow!! Dinner time already!!

Nevermind. While waiting... Let's continue.

Today is an important day. Keys is the word of the day. Yeahhhh :) Keys to? Key to my heart. Hahaha!! Of course not lah! Full of rubbish. Anyway it's keySSS not key. I'm growing old! I've got those keys already! Exciting yet scary.

Tomorrow is a Thursday. Feels like a Friday already. The week seems ultra long!

Oh yeah! Goldfish me remembered Monday! Briyani at Omar Kg Melaka. SEDAAAAPPP. Makan dulang with the guys summore. Hehe. Can grow FAT I tell you. Fattyfattyme. And their bandung! Wah that one sedap also. Too bad I didn't bring my camera! Now why in the WORLD did I NOT bring my camera?! What is wrong with me! Rare opportunity to see certain people, and to take fotos of an old mosque! Urgh. So blur sotong.

It is 7pm now. Parents still nowhere in sight.

Hmm. Maybe my parents went to the hospital!

Yeah that's it! I think so! No wonder my mum messaged me saying my brother won't be eating dinner! So that I won't have to wait for him to eat! And there's dinner too on the table! Can't be they went to go and BUY dinner! Aiya! *slaps myself* Why am I so blur! Tsk tsk tsk. Okay maybe I shall eat after prayers later.

I haven't been writing or blabbering this much recently. I lost my brain I guess. That could explain the loss of memory and common sense. Yup. My brain went for a vacation I suspect. That makes me! *jengjengjeng* A zombie!! Muahahaha. Ahhhh... That would also explain me being sleepy and all. Lethargic. Macam zombie. Huahuahua!

Okay! Dah maghrib! Enough of those mindless ramblings!

Or maybe I shall continue later.

Ta~!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daiso Ramekins

Finally finally went to Daiso!! Wanted to go there for ages already! The first thing I came in, went to the cooking section. Found my ramekins! But they're not white. Oh wells. Can't be choosy for $2 ramekins! There were white ones, but super small white ramekins. And pie tarts too! Oooh so tempting! But I don't know when I'll make tarts hurhur. Actually I'm still thinking what I should bake using these ramekins. I remember having one of those "I wish I had ramekins right now" moments but I can't remember when. Maybe when I was making lava cake . Daiso is evil. It's so cheap you just feel like coming back again! Oh and did I mention there's a $2 weighing scale?! Measures up to a kilo but that's quite alright for baking isn't it! I mean, $2!! Dirt cheap lah. Not sure about the accuracy though. Didn't do much cleaning last weekend, very much spent lazing around at home just like what weekends should be like. I love being at ho

Apam Balik

I love apam balik. The soft one, with lots of corn. So when @khairulaming posted this on his instagram, I bookmarked it. The recipe is not too much until you get sick of eating apam balik, but I do feel it needs some tweaks to get the pancake king version. But not bad for a first try. 2 cups flour 1/2 cup sugar 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda 2 tbsp melted butter 1 1/4 cups water 1 egg Additional butter for the pan I do feel it needs some salt, more sugar and I shouldn't have liberally made it so thick HAHA. The pan is important too, I kinda burnt some parts of the pancake. Got them bubbles!! This recipe made 2 large pancakes. Also, the filling needs to be sprinkled with sugar liberally (read: 3 tbsp or so), my first try wasn't enough. Pancake was soft even for the next few days after that (kept in the fridge then reheated in the microwave). Husband found it to be acceptable, but I was kinda not okay with it but ohwells. I can tweak it

Rice Cooker Chicken Mushroom Claypot

All in one pot cooking, what's not to love!  Got this off tiktok, but I figured the chicken and mushroom in the recipe isn't enough. Wasn't really one pot cooking cos I cooked half of the chicken on a pan then added it later after the rice cooker was done. Rice Cooker Claypot Chicken marinade: 600g boneless thigh, cut into cubes 6 garlic, pound 2 inch ginger, pound 6 tbsp soy sauce 2 tbsp oyster sauce 4 tbsp sweet soy sauce Rice: Half of the chicken marinade above 2 1/2 cups rice 2 1/2 cups water 3 tbsp sesame oil 2 tbsp soy sauce 1 1/2 chicken cube (maybe 2 also can) 300g shitake mushrooms Coriander leaves, cut Spring onions, cut Marinate the chicken and leave it for about 30 min. Wash the rice. Add half the chicken marinade and all other ingredients into the rice cooker and mix well Cook using rice cooker. I cooked the remaining chicken over the stove and added the chicken, juices and all, into the rice cooker when it was just about done and needed a few minutes to set. M