Skip to main content

Nutella Swirl Butter Cake

For the first time I halved a recipe. I need to start reducing my cake recipes or spread the fats so it won't all end up at my butt. The weekend was filled with weddings, began on Friday night, went home late, whole day Saturday and two weddings on Sunday. Despite that I still managed to squeeze time to bake yesterday morning with my little boy. I let him mix the butter, which he gladly touched and spread on the floor (!!), and he refused to give me back the ladle when he was having fun 'creaming' the butter and sugar together. I decided to make them in cupcake form rather than a 7 inch cake pan so that it'll be more interesting for Junior. This recipe makes exactly 12 cupcakes, just nice. Instead of the normal butter cake, I used ground almonds too so that I can reduce my stock and at the same time get a nuttier cake.

Ingredients

125g butter
50g ground almonds
100g flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g sugar
1 tsp vanilla paste
3 eggs
12 tsp nutella

Cream butter and sugar together. Add in eggs, one at a time and mix well. Mix in the vanilla paste. Add in flour and ground almond. Transfer the batter into cupcake lined muffin tray. I used the ice cream/cookie scoop, just nice 1 scoop per cup. Put in 1 tsp of nutella and swirl using a toothpick.

Bake for 20 to 22 minutes for 170 degrees Celsius.

Needless to say, nutella + butter cake is yums. And confirm husband-approved. And Junior loves it too! I let him eat a little bit of nutella, and the look of joy on his face is just so funny! I love baking sessions with my boy :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bubur Asyura

Finally made this! Have been wanting to do so cos this porridge has loads of nuts. Not exactly a healthy porridge though since there's coconut milk. I already have most of the ingredients and had the time, so why not! I realise there's different types of bubur Asyura but I settled for the one closest to us, the Johor version . There's a lottt of ingredients, so I'll list in order of which goes into the pot first. I also boiled the mutton a day earlier so I can collect and throw away the fat from the stock. Bubur Asyura Saute: 1 stalk lemongrass 1 cinnamon stick 1 star anise 3 cardamoms 5 cloves 2 big onions, sliced 1 inch ginger, sliced 3 garlic, sliced 10 cups water (half is mutton stock, half water) 1 cup rice, washed 300g mutton, already cooked and shredded 1 tbsp soto powder 1/3 cup dhal, soaked in water for 10 min 1/3 cup peanuts, washed 1 1/2 carrots, diced 1 can chickpeas, washed 1 can kacang pool, washed 1/2 can sweet corn, washed 1 small box coconut milk Heat o...

Daiso Ramekins

Finally finally went to Daiso!! Wanted to go there for ages already! The first thing I came in, went to the cooking section. Found my ramekins! But they're not white. Oh wells. Can't be choosy for $2 ramekins! There were white ones, but super small white ramekins. And pie tarts too! Oooh so tempting! But I don't know when I'll make tarts hurhur. Actually I'm still thinking what I should bake using these ramekins. I remember having one of those "I wish I had ramekins right now" moments but I can't remember when. Maybe when I was making lava cake . Daiso is evil. It's so cheap you just feel like coming back again! Oh and did I mention there's a $2 weighing scale?! Measures up to a kilo but that's quite alright for baking isn't it! I mean, $2!! Dirt cheap lah. Not sure about the accuracy though. Didn't do much cleaning last weekend, very much spent lazing around at home just like what weekends should be like. I love being at ho...

Spicy Tuna Sushi Bake & Teriyaki Chicken Sushi Bake

I failed the first time I made sushi bake, so I was kinda apprehensive about this. Added surimi or imitation crab meat since the kids may not want a fully tuna sushi bake, plus it gives a smoother texture.  The recipe uses full tuna and avocado, so I used this recipe lightly to tweak to my own. Tuna Sushi Bake 1 1/2 cups sushi rice Sushi vinegar as per the bottle's instructions 3 chunky tuna cans (Ayam brand) 1 packet of imitation crab meat, boiled and shredded 5 tbsp Japanese mayo 1 tbsp sriracha sauce 3 tbsp mentaiko mayo Teriyaki Chicken Sushi Bake 1 1/2 cups sushi rice Sushi vinegar as per the bottle's instructions 500g chicken boneless thigh, cut into small pieces 1 inch ginger, pound Teriyaki sauce for marinate and for frying Season the top with furikake, sliced seaweed, Japanese mayo and mentaiko mayo. These are a must. Broil or grill for about 8 minutes. These turn out yummy! All the Japanese ingredients were bought on Shopee, from a Malaysian provider.