Skip to main content

17 Hours

Counting down to being reunited with Other Half! 17 hours more to go :))))

Absence does make the heart grow fonder. But the absence shouldn't be too often either, that wouldn't be fun for me anyway. But but but!! Am sooo excited to welcome Husband back!!

I've paid back 11, 18 left. Of late I realise I get slight headaches in the afternoon on the days I fast. Maybe it's due to lack of water and food? I'm now contemplating if I should continue, but I should at the very least try, if I can't then that's another story. Headaches in the afternoon is tolerable, but my headache on Day 11 started early, like at 10am thereabouts. And by the time it was almost time to break fast, I was really famished. I do know some people don't fast and pay fidyah instead with the reason of breastfeeding. Hmm. Sounds too easy, doesn't it. Haha. I'll try and see how lah.

I wanted to welcome Husband back with fresh homemade butter cake but I didn't have time to. Today and yesterday I am on course, it starts later and ends early, so I had time to go back home and settle some stuff. Like yesterday after work I did laundry. This morning I vacuumed the house, and after work I went grocery shopping to fill up my very empty fridge. Haha. At the very least I should have eggs and bread! I bought raspberries! And I have no idea what I should make with them. Hahaha. Kiasu me stocked up on butter too, bought the SCS value pack of three and now I have six (yes, SIX) packs of butter. Maybe Sunday I'll bake, but I have loads of things undone, like ironing and the neverending cleaning. The house is really dusty these days because of the lift upgrading.

Okay time to sleep!! When I wake up (as in wake up from night's sleep in general, not waking up many many times because of Junior) it'll only be a matter of hours! YAY!!! Feels like Singapore-London two years ago!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bubur Asyura

Finally made this! Have been wanting to do so cos this porridge has loads of nuts. Not exactly a healthy porridge though since there's coconut milk. I already have most of the ingredients and had the time, so why not! I realise there's different types of bubur Asyura but I settled for the one closest to us, the Johor version . There's a lottt of ingredients, so I'll list in order of which goes into the pot first. I also boiled the mutton a day earlier so I can collect and throw away the fat from the stock. Bubur Asyura Saute: 1 stalk lemongrass 1 cinnamon stick 1 star anise 3 cardamoms 5 cloves 2 big onions, sliced 1 inch ginger, sliced 3 garlic, sliced 10 cups water (half is mutton stock, half water) 1 cup rice, washed 300g mutton, already cooked and shredded 1 tbsp soto powder 1/3 cup dhal, soaked in water for 10 min 1/3 cup peanuts, washed 1 1/2 carrots, diced 1 can chickpeas, washed 1 can kacang pool, washed 1/2 can sweet corn, washed 1 small box coconut milk Heat o...

Daiso Ramekins

Finally finally went to Daiso!! Wanted to go there for ages already! The first thing I came in, went to the cooking section. Found my ramekins! But they're not white. Oh wells. Can't be choosy for $2 ramekins! There were white ones, but super small white ramekins. And pie tarts too! Oooh so tempting! But I don't know when I'll make tarts hurhur. Actually I'm still thinking what I should bake using these ramekins. I remember having one of those "I wish I had ramekins right now" moments but I can't remember when. Maybe when I was making lava cake . Daiso is evil. It's so cheap you just feel like coming back again! Oh and did I mention there's a $2 weighing scale?! Measures up to a kilo but that's quite alright for baking isn't it! I mean, $2!! Dirt cheap lah. Not sure about the accuracy though. Didn't do much cleaning last weekend, very much spent lazing around at home just like what weekends should be like. I love being at ho...

Spicy Tuna Sushi Bake & Teriyaki Chicken Sushi Bake

I failed the first time I made sushi bake, so I was kinda apprehensive about this. Added surimi or imitation crab meat since the kids may not want a fully tuna sushi bake, plus it gives a smoother texture.  The recipe uses full tuna and avocado, so I used this recipe lightly to tweak to my own. Tuna Sushi Bake 1 1/2 cups sushi rice Sushi vinegar as per the bottle's instructions 3 chunky tuna cans (Ayam brand) 1 packet of imitation crab meat, boiled and shredded 5 tbsp Japanese mayo 1 tbsp sriracha sauce 3 tbsp mentaiko mayo Teriyaki Chicken Sushi Bake 1 1/2 cups sushi rice Sushi vinegar as per the bottle's instructions 500g chicken boneless thigh, cut into small pieces 1 inch ginger, pound Teriyaki sauce for marinate and for frying Season the top with furikake, sliced seaweed, Japanese mayo and mentaiko mayo. These are a must. Broil or grill for about 8 minutes. These turn out yummy! All the Japanese ingredients were bought on Shopee, from a Malaysian provider.