Skip to main content

Touched

Very good holiday :)

Feels kinda weird to be back at home after a week of walking around a lot. And when I walk a lot and get thirsty, there's no appetite to eat. Now I feel fat and lazy. The kitchen is just a stretch away! Munch munch.

I have a stupid headache. Sian. I think it's the result of staring so intently (and frowning too) at the laptop watching two episodes of CSI back to back. I think I need the green pastures, large homely German country-side houses and fat brown & white cows back. I love the view. And good for the eyes too.

Anyway! I wanted to say I is touched! Haha :) One, dearest Shez sent me 2 long smses asking me if I'm okay cos I haven't messaged her for a couple of days. So sweet! I thought it was my mum messaging me, so I went back to sleep thinking I'll reply later. Two! Juni misses me while I was away from Internet. Haha.

And an all-time sweetie, Other Half. He was so sweet to have offered to help out with housework yesterday :) He even got mad when I refused. Haha! Too cute ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bubur Asyura

Finally made this! Have been wanting to do so cos this porridge has loads of nuts. Not exactly a healthy porridge though since there's coconut milk. I already have most of the ingredients and had the time, so why not! I realise there's different types of bubur Asyura but I settled for the one closest to us, the Johor version . There's a lottt of ingredients, so I'll list in order of which goes into the pot first. I also boiled the mutton a day earlier so I can collect and throw away the fat from the stock. Bubur Asyura Saute: 1 stalk lemongrass 1 cinnamon stick 1 star anise 3 cardamoms 5 cloves 2 big onions, sliced 1 inch ginger, sliced 3 garlic, sliced 10 cups water (half is mutton stock, half water) 1 cup rice, washed 300g mutton, already cooked and shredded 1 tbsp soto powder 1/3 cup dhal, soaked in water for 10 min 1/3 cup peanuts, washed 1 1/2 carrots, diced 1 can chickpeas, washed 1 can kacang pool, washed 1/2 can sweet corn, washed 1 small box coconut milk Heat o...

Daiso Ramekins

Finally finally went to Daiso!! Wanted to go there for ages already! The first thing I came in, went to the cooking section. Found my ramekins! But they're not white. Oh wells. Can't be choosy for $2 ramekins! There were white ones, but super small white ramekins. And pie tarts too! Oooh so tempting! But I don't know when I'll make tarts hurhur. Actually I'm still thinking what I should bake using these ramekins. I remember having one of those "I wish I had ramekins right now" moments but I can't remember when. Maybe when I was making lava cake . Daiso is evil. It's so cheap you just feel like coming back again! Oh and did I mention there's a $2 weighing scale?! Measures up to a kilo but that's quite alright for baking isn't it! I mean, $2!! Dirt cheap lah. Not sure about the accuracy though. Didn't do much cleaning last weekend, very much spent lazing around at home just like what weekends should be like. I love being at ho...

Spicy Tuna Sushi Bake & Teriyaki Chicken Sushi Bake

I failed the first time I made sushi bake, so I was kinda apprehensive about this. Added surimi or imitation crab meat since the kids may not want a fully tuna sushi bake, plus it gives a smoother texture.  The recipe uses full tuna and avocado, so I used this recipe lightly to tweak to my own. Tuna Sushi Bake 1 1/2 cups sushi rice Sushi vinegar as per the bottle's instructions 3 chunky tuna cans (Ayam brand) 1 packet of imitation crab meat, boiled and shredded 5 tbsp Japanese mayo 1 tbsp sriracha sauce 3 tbsp mentaiko mayo Teriyaki Chicken Sushi Bake 1 1/2 cups sushi rice Sushi vinegar as per the bottle's instructions 500g chicken boneless thigh, cut into small pieces 1 inch ginger, pound Teriyaki sauce for marinate and for frying Season the top with furikake, sliced seaweed, Japanese mayo and mentaiko mayo. These are a must. Broil or grill for about 8 minutes. These turn out yummy! All the Japanese ingredients were bought on Shopee, from a Malaysian provider.