Skip to main content

Back Again in Florence

Ciao! :)

In Florence right now. Yes! For the second time! Haha! This time with a husband :D

It's Day 2 of Italy-Fussen trip, and I've gotten myself a tan already. Forgot to bring my hat!! Sigh. So far it's been a beautiful time here, Pisa was okay, but Florence is amazing :) We painstakingly climbed 463 steps up to the top of the Duomo, got amazing views, gawked at churches (what else) which weirdly I didn't notice how beautiful they are or I must have forgotten when I came here 3 years ago. And the best part of today was getting our souvenir, a watercolour painting of Florence. We saw this particular artist with some of his paintings near San Lorenzo, and we were contemplating on getting it. After looking at other artists' and vendors' collections, we decided to go back to him but the initial one we wanted was already sold. But! We saw a work in progress at the side of his chair, not yet ready to be displayed. We asked if we could have him complete it and he said okay, so we watched as he completed the painting and bought it! Yay! It's pretty :) And it's amazing how artists paint! For talentless people like us, at least. Haha.


Yay! Finally! One souvenir! Now it makes us kinda regret not getting anything from Andalucia last winter.

Off for more sightseeing! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bubur Asyura

Finally made this! Have been wanting to do so cos this porridge has loads of nuts. Not exactly a healthy porridge though since there's coconut milk. I already have most of the ingredients and had the time, so why not! I realise there's different types of bubur Asyura but I settled for the one closest to us, the Johor version . There's a lottt of ingredients, so I'll list in order of which goes into the pot first. I also boiled the mutton a day earlier so I can collect and throw away the fat from the stock. Bubur Asyura Saute: 1 stalk lemongrass 1 cinnamon stick 1 star anise 3 cardamoms 5 cloves 2 big onions, sliced 1 inch ginger, sliced 3 garlic, sliced 10 cups water (half is mutton stock, half water) 1 cup rice, washed 300g mutton, already cooked and shredded 1 tbsp soto powder 1/3 cup dhal, soaked in water for 10 min 1/3 cup peanuts, washed 1 1/2 carrots, diced 1 can chickpeas, washed 1 can kacang pool, washed 1/2 can sweet corn, washed 1 small box coconut milk Heat o...

Daiso Ramekins

Finally finally went to Daiso!! Wanted to go there for ages already! The first thing I came in, went to the cooking section. Found my ramekins! But they're not white. Oh wells. Can't be choosy for $2 ramekins! There were white ones, but super small white ramekins. And pie tarts too! Oooh so tempting! But I don't know when I'll make tarts hurhur. Actually I'm still thinking what I should bake using these ramekins. I remember having one of those "I wish I had ramekins right now" moments but I can't remember when. Maybe when I was making lava cake . Daiso is evil. It's so cheap you just feel like coming back again! Oh and did I mention there's a $2 weighing scale?! Measures up to a kilo but that's quite alright for baking isn't it! I mean, $2!! Dirt cheap lah. Not sure about the accuracy though. Didn't do much cleaning last weekend, very much spent lazing around at home just like what weekends should be like. I love being at ho...

Baby Mop

I can't seem to get my entire house clean every weekend, and I am seriously considering this as part of my house cleaning regime: I don't know where to get one, but I can always make one. I saw those yellow cloth thingy at sold at CK store and I'll just fix it to Junior's unwanted rompers. And off he goes mopping the floor with me. Mopping the floor is a must now, especially with lift upgrading going on, the floor is quite dusty. And whenever I hint to Husband to help me mop, he offers to get those weekend helpers instead -_-" Not exactly the answer I was looking for!! Okay. This shall be the project in the coming week! FYI this is not child abuse, this is called getting baby accustomed to housework.